Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ArchBang Dead, Long Live Fedora


So just moments after the last post, I realized that the only iso of Archbang that I had was actually from early 2012. Why does that matter, you ask? Well because Arch changed their basic structure during ArchHell, the name I am giving the update in question. After hours of attempting to update the system, I said to hell with all of this and moved back to a distro I knew would work.

So after another hour and downloading and installing Fedora Core 17 XFCE spin, I was back at a usable desktop. It took a while later before I had all of the post-install stuff completed. Don't listen to what they tell you, Fedora is not ready out of the box.

So ArchHell was avoided and I am back to Fedora. I still have a couple of little issues with PlayOnLinux and getting my Dropbox symlinks to act properly, but those are little things that are not preventing me from working and playing as I like to do.

Now for some Legend of Grimrock and Temple of Elemental Evil from gog.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment